At P Di Natale, our priority is supporting our clients and the community throughout this challenging time.

In order to help you as a Landlord understand the current state of play and make informed decisions in relation to your properties under management, we have put together a series of frequently asked questions for your reference.

How can I contact my Property Manager or the Office?

Due to the current government restrictions, our office is open, however limited staff can only be present at the one time.  The best way to contact your Property Manager is by calling their mobile number or via email or you can call the office anytime during business hours on 1300 997 553.

Charles Cipri 0407 549 796 [email protected]
Karla Vella 0432 908 661 [email protected]
Kayla Thomas 0412 378 429 [email protected]
Lisa Dalbon 0425 726 498 [email protected]
Rita Bennett 0488 738 372 [email protected]
Santosh Nayak 0433 605 894 [email protected]
Shreya Patel 0437 877 044 [email protected]
Susana Maltaric 0429 795 036 [email protected]
Syzana Gregory 0417 507 026 [email protected]
Taleah Donnelly 0437 532 999 [email protected]

Does this situation change any of my rights as a Landlord?

Despite the changing landscape, your rights as a Landlord remain the same. Tenants and Landlords must continue to abide by the Residential Tenancies Act 1997. There are measures that the State and Federal Governments may put in place that may relate to the tenancy. We will update you as often as possible when any new arrangements have been made. The following website will have the most up to date information about any tenancy changes during this time; CAV - Coronavirus and Tenants Rights

Will routine inspections be taking place?

Our office is conducting routine inspections where possible via an online process, however when required we will conduct face to face routine inspections. Your Property Manager will communicate the means that your routine inspection will be conducted.

What is the process for rental inspections to attract a new tenant?

Open for Inspections are back to normal, however to ensure easy contact tracing, all attendees MUST be registered to attend.

Should you wish for further information about how we can lease your property in the current climate please don’t hesitate to call your Property Manager or our office.

What happens if maintenance needs to be undertaken at my property?

We have asked tenants to continue to report your maintenance as usual and your property manager will arrange as required.

Under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, urgent repairs in a rental property are:

burst water service

blocked or broken toilet system

serious roof leak

gas leak

dangerous electrical fault

flooding or serious flood damage

serious storm or fire damage

failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by a landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering

failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply

any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure

an appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted

a serious fault in a lift or staircase.

We do caution that there may be a delay in getting trades to attend works, and in such instances urgent repairs will be given priority.

Can I be protected in the event my Tenant defaults on payments?

In most instances, a valid landlord's insurance policy will provide you with cover if the Tenant defaults on their rent. These claims require the tenancy to come to an end before you can make a claim, and insurers won’t pay rent whilst the tenancy is still continuing.

Any agreement that you reach with your Tenant to reduce or defer rent won’t be claimable.

We suggest reviewing your Insurer's website and PDS for more information. Our insurance partners, EBM RentCover, and Honans have a handy set of FAQ's which might also prove useful. Click on these links for further details:  EBM   RentCover  Honans

What happens if my Tenant needs to vacate the property due to financial hardship?

If your Tenant needs to vacate the property due to loss of employment or income your Property Manager will speak with you in the first instance to see if an agreement can be made to end the lease earlier than the stated end date on the fixed term lease.

What happens if my Tenant cannot pay rent as a result of financial distress?

Whilst Tenants and Landlords still need to abide by the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (the Act), the Government is encouraging Landlords and Agents to be compassionate and show goodwill during this pandemic.

The Federal Government announced that there should be a suspension on rental evictions for people who are facing financial distress as a result of Covid19. This is yet to be ratified by the State Government but is expected soon.

This provides a measure of security for those who have been adversely affected and are concerned about the implications of being able to keep residing in their rental home.

If your Tenant is experiencing financial hardship as a result of the Covid19, we have advised that they need to contact us as soon as possible. In the first instance they are guided to explore the available options in the various Government assistance packages. If these options are not enough, they may complete a Financial Hardship Application form, which provides specific details about their situation and the request to either reduce, or defer their rental payments.

What is the Rental Relief Package and how does it work?

The Victorian Government has approved a rent relief package that provides funding for Tenants who are under financial duress due to Covid19 impacting their financial situation.

This is a one-off grant specifically for Tenants to ensure that they can maintain safe, secure and stable accommodation and is paid directly to the Tenant’s agent, lessor or the Landlord to contribute to the Tenant’s rental payments during this time of financial hardship. This grant will be administered to eligible Tenants who have negotiated a rental reduction with their Landlord or Real Estate Agent and have lodged that agreement with CAV.

Where can I find more information?

As the information being provided by the Victorian Government is updated regularly, further information can be found below:

The Premiers Announcement

Housing Victoria

Consumer Affairs Victoria

- Consumer Affairs Victoria - Rent Relief (Landlords)

State Revenue Office

Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our office or your Property Manager directly.

Any advice contained in this article is of a general nature only and does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. Therefore, before making any decision, you should consider the appropriateness of the advice with regard to those matters. Information in this article is correct as of the date of publication and is subject to change.