Urgent repairs in rental properties
After Hours Maintenance Department
If you have an URGENT MAINTENANCE issue that needs to be reported after hours, please phone your Property Manager.
Urgent Maintenance Requirements
Under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, urgent repairs in a rental property are:
• burst water service
• blocked or broken toilet system
• serious roof leak
• gas leak
• dangerous electrical fault
• flooding or serious flood damage
• serious storm or fire damage
• failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by a landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering
• failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity, or water supply
• any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
• an appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
• a serious fault in a lift or staircase.
If you are unable to contact your Property Manager, please contact one of our approved contractors listed below:
Smartnet Electrics – David & Sam - 0427 371 575
Mossfiel Electrical – David - 0419 009 100
Ones & Twos Plumbing - 1800 663 896
If you have a split pipe or hose - TURN OFF YOUR MAINS WATER SUPPLY at the meter to avoid further damage until the plumber arrives.
City West Water:
City West Water work 24/7. The number to call is 132642
If the meter is leaking, blocked or broken pipes on the external of property City West Water can help.
Please note – If you have an internal blockage you will need to refer to information provided by your Property Manager as City West Water do not handle internal blockages.
Gas and Electricity Emergencies:
SP Ausnet works 24/7 they have an emergency line for both Gas and Electricity emergencies.
GAS (CALL: 136707)
If there is a smell coming from the gas meter call the 24/7 phone number 136707.
If the smell is coming from an appliance turn your gas meter off and contact us or your emergency contact.
ELECTRICAL (CALL 131799)
If you have an electricity emergency contact 131799.
Re-lighting pilot lights on hot water units:
The process of lighting a pilot light on a hot water unit varies as every hot water unit is different.
- Storage units (Tanks) – Open from cover of door of tank and follow instructions.
- Gas Boosted Solar – Turn power point off at wall first, leave it for a few minutes then turn it on. This will sometimes reset the unit.
- Instantaneous – Same as solar above.
- Electric – Often these are a single element which means they only heat at night time, between hours of 11pm and 6am. A lot of tenants do not understand this, therefore they use all of the hot water and have to wait Our advice is to leave the unit until the next morning, if there is no hot water in the morning an electrician will be required.
If above fails please call your Property Manager.
If no call has been received by your Property Manager, you may be liable to pay for any costs incurred in sending out our own tradesperson.
If you have any non-urgent repairs, please report to your Property Manager in writing via email or contact our office direct on 1300 997 553 during office hours.