The Best April Fools’ Day Office Pranks Anyone Can Pull Off
When it comes to pranking colleagues, we all know the classics: exchange keys on the keyboard or cover up the ball on their computer mouse. They’re both excellent in a pinch, but these April Fools’ jokes will leave a lasting impression.
This is better than a prank because it’ll make someone’s day! Who wouldn’t want to open a boring, old filing cabinet and find it filled with colorful fish?
Here’s what you do:
1) Remove the files from a frequently used filing cabinet.
2) Line the drawer with thick-ish plastic lining.
3) Fill it with water and place in some goldfish.
4) Close the drawer, and wait for your colleague to find his new office pets. Or, for something with a little less effort, try one of these
“I Hear Voices”
“Do you hear something?” “No, I don’t hear anything.” “You sure?” “Yeah, I’m sure.” Liar! You hear something—a radio playing. And you know you hear it because you’re the one who set this trick up!
And here’s how you did it:
1) You found a small radio, set it to a station guaranteed to annoy any sane person, then put the volume on low.
2) You removed a ceiling tile from above your victim’s desk.
3) You hid the radio inside, then replaced the tile.
4) You then kept denying that you hear any noise. “No, I still don’t hear anything. You sure you’re okay?”
This Is The Best Water Ever!
Here’s a trick everyone will happily fall for. Replace the water in the water cooler with wine. All you have to do is take an empty water canister, pour in the vino, and put it back on the cooler.
If your coworkers are teetotalers, try tonic water.
With most pranks, you have to hover nearby to know when someone’s been victimized. But with air horns, you can be anywhere and you’ll definitely know when someone’s been punked.
This is the perfect trick to pull on someone who has the office that should have been yours: Remove the office door bumper. Replace it with an airhorn. Make sure the airhorn knob is situated where the door will hit it. Shut the door, ensuring your victim will open it. Cover your ears when you spot your victim about to throw open his door.
You Look Marvelous In That Outfit. And That Outfit. And That Outfit.
Mess with a coworker’s head by bringing in multiple outfits and changing your clothes every 30 minutes or so. When they ask what’s up, give them one of those, What’s wrong with you? looks. Then change your outfit again.
I Believe These Are Yours?
It started when we were kids—that dreaded fear of one’s underwear being exposed. Here’s how to exploit the anxiety: Find a pair of old granny bloomers. Tear a few holes and muss ‘em up a bit. Write your coworker’s name in them. Leave on the bathroom floor.
One of the best parts of working in an office is the treats that coworkers bring in. Here’s a devilish way to take advantage of that: First, buy a pack of Oreos, then carefully twist the halves apart and scrape off the creamy inside. Eat the creamy inside yourself (optional, but highly recommended). Then squirt a dab of mint toothpaste on one half and place the other half over it. Leave a tray of cookies where everyone will see it.
Here’s a fun way to slowly drive the guy in the next cubicle insane: Write or rewrite whatever they’re working on without them knowing who’s doing it.
Here’s what you do:
1) Thread your keyboard wire under the cubicle wall.
2) Plug it into the victim’s computer tower.
3) When you hear them type, that’s your cue to type, too.
4) Keep it simple at first—one key stroke or so, making them backspace and delete a few times. Then go for it.
The Upside Down Glass of Water Trick
This one can get messy, so beware. Here’s what you do: Fill a glass with water, then place a thin piece of cardboard over the lip of the glass. Turn it over and place in the middle of the victim’s desk. Slowly remove the cardboard. Be a nice prankster and move paper and valuables from harm’s way. Now watch them figure out how to turn the glass over with causing a tsunami.
This one may be the cruelest trick of all: Don’t pull off an April Fools’ office prank. Instead, leave cryptic notes warning one is coming. Every so often cast a furtive eye toward your victim, smirk ever-so-slightly, then continue with your work. It’ll drive them nuts!