Urgent repairs in rental properties
After Hours Maintenance Department
If you have an URGENT MAINTENANCE issue that needs to be reported and dealt with outside of our business hours, please phone
0410 768 517 (note only urgent maintenance will be dealt with via this number).
Under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, urgent repairs in a rental property are:
• burst water service
• blocked or broken toilet system
• serious roof leak
• gas leak
• dangerous electrical fault
• flooding or serious flood damage
• serious storm or fire damage
• failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by a landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering
• failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity, or water supply
• any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
• an appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
• a serious fault in a lift or staircase.
If for some reason your call is unanswered:
Please leave a voicemail.
Please also text through your property address, your contact details and the urgent issue your experiencing.
Being after hours, please allow our team member time to respond.
After allowing our urgent maintenance hotline reasonable time to respond and you are still unable to contact us, please contact one of our approved contractors listed below:
Smartnet Electrics – David & Sam - 0427 371 575
Mossfiel Electrical – Luke - 0419 009 100
McQueen Group - 1800 627 833 or 03 8595 3711
If you have a split pipe or hose - TURN OFF YOUR MAINS WATER SUPPLY at the meter to avoid further damage until the plumber arrives.
Great Western Water:
Great Western Water work 24/7. The number to call is 132642.
If the meter is leaking, blocked or broken pipes on the external of property Great Western Water can help.
Please note – If you have an internal blockage you will need to refer to information provided by your Property Manager as Great Western Water do not handle internal blockages.
Gas and Electricity Emergencies:
SP Ausnet works 24/7 they have an emergency line for both Gas and Electricity emergencies.
GAS (CALL: 136707)
If there is a smell coming from the gas meter call the 24/7 phone number 136707.
If the smell is coming from an appliance turn your gas meter off and contact us or your emergency contact.
ELECTRICAL (CALL 131799)
If you have an electricity emergency contact 131799.
Re-lighting pilot lights on hot water units:
The process of lighting a pilot light on a hot water unit varies as every hot water unit is different.
- Storage units (Tanks). Open from cover of door of tank and follow instructions.
- Gas Boosted Solar. Turn power point off at wall first, leave it for a few minutes then turn it on. This will sometimes reset the unit.
- Instantaneous. Same as solar above.
- Electric – Often these are a single element which means they only heat at night time, between hours of 11pm and 6am. A lot of tenants do not understand this, therefore they use all of the hot water and have to wait Our advice is to leave the unit until the next morning, if there is no hot water in the morning an electrician will be required.
If above fails please call your Property Manager.
If no call or contact has been received by your Property Manager or via our urgent maintenance hotline, you may be liable to pay for any costs incurred in sending out our own tradesperson.
NON-URGENT MAINTENANCE. ALL non-urgent maintenance issues MUST be logged via the following methods:
2. Log in with your PropertyMe email address (the email address you have provided to us) and password.
3. If you don’t have a PropertyMe account, please click on this link to create one.
Logging maintenance via the PropertyMe App is our preferred method and this allows you to track your request also, as well as access other important details regarding your tenancy.
Or, you may also email your maintenance (ensure you provide as much detail as possible and attach photos!) to ([email protected]).